Touro Infirmary and Hebrew Benevolent Association - New Orleans - 1902
Touro Infirmary and Hebrew Benevolent Association: TWENTY-EIGHT[H] ANNUAL REPORT OF THE TOURO INFIRMARY AND HEBREW BENEVOLENT ASS'N OF NEW ORLEANS, LA. MARCH 23RD, 1902. New Orleans: Jos. Levy & Bros., Stationers and Printers, 1902. Original printed and decorated wrappers, stitched. 106pp plus full-page photo illustrations. Tipped-in red card, preceding title leaf, of "Eug. H. Gutmann. Collector for Jewish Widows and Orphans Home and Touro Infirmary. Office at Lehman, Stern & Co., Ltd. P.O. Box No. 966. New Orleans, LA." Very Good. "The Touro Infirmary and Hebrew Benevolent Association of New Orleans was organized in 1852 as the Touro Infirmary. It merged with the Hebrew Benevolent Association in 1874" [online Center for Jewish History]. The List of Officers and Managers, Honorary Members of the Board, Ex-Presidents, Committee members, and medical staff is a roster of New Orleans Jewish leaders. In the Association's work, "no distinction is made as to nationality or creed, all our citizens share in its benefits." Special mention is made of the recent Roumanian immigrants whom the Association has assisted-- now "all who have remained in the city are self-supporting." Medical and financial reports, receipts and expenditures, donations, maladies treated at the clinic, and a variety of other matters are reviewed.